The perfect match of an individual camper and an overnight camp is when the camp offers just the right level of challenge for the camper’s abilities. Camp Founder Jim Wiltens has written several articles on how you can ensure your camper’s success at camp.
- When is the Right Time for Summer Camp?
- Why High Tech Kids Need Summer Camp
- How to Pick a Summer Camp
- Dealing with Homesickness
- Get the Most Out of Your Summer Camp Investment
Other resources that you may find helpful:
- Madeline Levine, PhD, adolescent psychologist and author, on the value of camp
- Homesick and Happy, Michael Thompson, PhD
- The YES Brain: How to Cultivate Courage, Curiosity, and Resilience in Your Child, Daniel J. Siegel, MD, and Tina Payne Bryson, PhD
- No More Nagging, Nit-picking, or Nudging: A guide to motivating, inspiring, and influencing kids ages 10–18, Jim Wiltens
- American Camp Association
- Western Association of Independent Camps